Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I feel as though I should give a little update on my life aside from the 101/1001 list! 


My parents just got back from a trip across the province, which meant that my brother and I got to spend a little quality time together. We cooked some meals, watched some TV and had a half an hour discussion on which restaurant to order from when we didn't feel like cooking, or well I should say when I didn't feel like cooking. At 19 my brother has only mastered the skill of cooking salmon and KD (a very odd combination) but neither of which I am particularly fond of. Also when my parents are out of town I don't have to fight my dad for the coffee pot at 9am ( he drink decaf - what's the point to drink coffee if it doesn't have caffeine?)  




Other than that I've been working mostly, which has been very frustrating this week. Sometimes I feel as though I'm the only person who really works at my job and does what's supposed to be done. See, we don't really have a supervisor at work all of the time, but since I've been there for 5 consecutive summers and am the oldest by 3 years I was designated supervisor by the manager. But when you're only a few years older than everyone and there isn't always that much work to do it's hard to get them motivated when there is actually work to do. Also, some of the girls that I work with aren't the most responsible which resulted in my 5 hours shift tomorrow changing into a 9.5 hour shift -  meaning I had to give up a shift at a different job. So needless to say I am really looking forward to a relaxing, uninterrupted weekend off with my boyfriend. 



I'm also trying to remember to bring my camera with me more often so I can take some of my own pictures for my blog rather than stealing others photos (today's visual aids are courtesy of Chasing Pavement). 

No comments:

Post a Comment