Tuesday, August 17, 2010

#79 - Shaun of the Dead, Changeling & Snatch

Since I enjoyed the first two movies on IMDB's Top 250, I decided to continue on watching two more, with hopes of finding more gems I was oblivious to!



So, Shaun of the Dead.. yeah, I wouldn't really recommend this movie to anyone. I mean I watched it, but it was a forced effort. I'm not a huge fan of Simon Pegg ( Shaun) or this style of movie, and I haven't seen a Zombie movie that I liked yet, but I went into this with an open mind - at least I tried, I promise. But if you like Zombie comedies and Simon Pegg this movie is for you! Unfortunately for the makers of this movie, I will never watch it again! 



Changeling was an inspiring story about a woman named Christine Collins, played by Angelina Jolie, and is based the true story of Christine's journey to find her son after he goes missing. Despite all the odds against her Christine is unwilling to give up the search for her son and refuses to lose faith that her son will return to her. This moving shows the desperation and hope of a mother who refuses to go along with what she knows is not right. This is a movie that I would highly recommend to everyone.


All I'm going to say about Snatch is that it's a story about a diamond the size of Texas and Brad Pitt doesn't wear a shirt is most of it. You need to watch it. 

On another note....
Today is my day off, which means I'll be doing some cleaning, organizing for school and some relaxing. I'm thinking about starting Friday Night Lights and watching the episode of Bachelor Pad I missed last night. This weekend we didn't do any hiking, the weather was too warm for us to have done the hike. We ended up just spending an hour outside, in which we got two nice lovely sunburns, and then running inside to devour cotton candy ice cream. 


1 comment: