Sunday, August 8, 2010

And So Begins the 101...

I have 992 days left to my 101/1001 challenge and I have yet to complete anything from my list. I have been making lists and thinking about where I can start instead of actually starting. I think I was scared to actually start because it would mean that I had actually committed to the list and to trying to complete these tasks in 1001 days. 


I decided that the best place to start would be with #79 - watching all of IMDB's Top 250 movies. Surprisingly I've only seen 31 of this ever-changing list. For example, I was looking at the list this morning and Cary Grant's Arsenic and Old Lace was #249 but checking now #249 is listed as Rain Man (1988). So I think I'm going to save the list right now and watch all the movies that are currently on the list. I'm excited to really get started with this list, there are so many influential movies that I haven't watched and so many that are considered classics that I haven't seen. 


Since I'm off tomorrow I'm going to take advantage of a late night and watch #250 ( I thought I'd start from the bottom of the list and work my way up!) with Cary Grant's The Philadelphia Story (1940). I'm looking forward to a nice black and white movie with a big glass of red wine, when I told my boyfriend of this he said it sounded like a perfect relaxing night (not to mention the 1940's heartthrob Cary Grant added to the mix, but of course my boyfriend didn't think like that). 


I also started working on #77 tonight as well - make a custom recipe book. A co-worker of mine, is starting her 2nd year of flight school in a month and couldn't cook if her life depended on it (I'm told her stir fry looks like hamburger meat). So I told her today at work I would make her a recipe book with pictures so she could see what she needed to be doing in order to have her food come up eatable. So when I made fajitas tonight for my brother and I, I took pictures so I could start the cook book. She's really excited about this, which got my really excited and it's a great excuse for me to try cooking some new meals to add to her recipe book! I was also thinking about maybe putting up some of the recipe's (with picture) on here. But for now I'm going to concentrate on making the recipe book for Anne so that she can eat good, healthy food this year at school. 


So cheers to actually starting my 101/1001! Hopefully once I really get into this it'll be easier to get going on the rest. I think I'm going to start working on more tomorrow on my day off! 

No comments:

Post a Comment