Sunday, October 3, 2010

Oh.. Hello October!

I can't believe it's October already! And I'm not entirely sure where September went but I'm pretty sure I spent the majority of it in school or at the library. All I can say is that I'm thankful that this is my last year of my undergrad, because I could really use the break.



Although it's starting to look like fall here, it doesn't really fee like fall. I've usually dug out my winter coat by now and starting wearing layers. But of Friday I wore shorts and a t-shirt to class because it was a whopping 24 degrees here in Newfoundland! Which is nothing short of a miracle! Thursday, Friday and Saturday this week all consisted of 20+ degree weather when we're used to somewhere in the 5-10 range this time of year. I was super excited for the seemingly return of summer until I realized as I was going to bed that I live in an upstairs apartment that already feels like 20 degrees inside when it's 10 degrees outside. Needless to say it was a hard time trying to fall asleep. 

But as I woke up this morning to 9 degrees, it seems to have returned to fall. The pretty colors are everywhere and I wore 2 layers to work this morning. And while I'm sad to see summer go. I'm super excited for fall activities and the slow progression into winter. But I think I'm most excited to start wearing tights and digging out all my boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment