Thursday, September 30, 2010

Long Overdue, Sprinkled with Crazy & Hectic.

It's been almost a month since my last post, which I somehow can't figure out how I managed to let that happen. School and life have been so crazy the last month. Trying to get back into the swing of things, plus all the added stress of being in my last year of university and trying to make sure I'm going to graduate in the spring have taken up more time than I expected. Any down time I've had from school I've spent with my friends trying to get in on some of the fun that they are having. But my fun is seriously lacking in comparison to theirs, but I guess that's what happens when you're trying to get A's and grad school acceptances. 


In the last month, I turned 22. We had a nice little celebration in which I bought my first little black dress. A very small group of my friends went out for supper (it was also my roommates birthday a few days before mine, so she went with a big crowd to a different restaurant, but I just wanted a small, quiet celebration). We then met up back at our apartment for drinks and I fell in love with apple martinis. We ended up with a nice crowd, but in the midst of the celebration another apartment in the building had a party with over 60 people (the limit for the fire regulation is 20) and someone pulled the fire alarm. So there was some excitement, if you like standing out in the cold in heels and a slinky dress. But on the bright side we had a front row seat to all the yummy firemen that showed up. 


Other than that I've been attending classes and hitting up the library during the week and working on the weekends. Which means that I have had zero breaks since school started, unless you could the day I was sick and curled up on the couch for an entire day of classes. I think it's starting to take it's tole a little so I'm planning on taking a weekend off work in October so I can just relax for a few days. 


Despite my immense amount of school and work, things are going great and I'll hopefully be getting back to regular posting in the next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment