Thursday, September 2, 2010

This time next week I'll be back at school. Well technically I'll be at the main campus of my university for a Board meeting - but school will have started. Not only does that mean that I've got shiny new binders, fresh pens and a box full of lined paper, it also means that it's packing time. Packing time is obviously my favorite time of year, I love it almost as much as I love unpacking (insert sarcasm!). While I am so excited to get back to school and my normal routine of living at the library - no sarcasm here, I am probably one of the few that love school, love spending time in the library and love reading - there is nothing I hate more than packing and unpacking.

Not only will I have to go through my room at pack up what I think it necessary to take back with me, I also have to go through the mountain of boxes that I packed up an stuck in the basement when I moved home last year. This is a three day job if I work efficiently and don't procrastinate, which we both know isn't going to happen.  I am the Queen of Procrastination when it comes to packing, especially when I've finished work for the summer, started watching Friday Nights Lights and have fallen in love with Taylor Kitsch. I mean who wants to pack when you can watch Taylor and the other stunning cast of Friday Night Lights? I can actually blame one of my professors for this newfound love of this show. She watches it religiously and recommended it to myself and another classmate.. now we are both hooked and will fight to the death for Tim Riggins. 

On a completely non-hot and sweaty football note, I spent the day with my Nan on Tuesday and learned how to make the most delicious home-made bread. It was so nice just to spend the afternoon with my Nan and have her tell me stories from when she was my age AND she let me take home most of the bread. It was pretty much a win-win situation all around. So tomorrow I am going to start the all day process of making bread on my own and see if it turns out half as good as my Nan's does. All of my friends are super excited for this because they are under the impression that I will be making homemade bread for them all the time as school this semester. That will only happen if they put an oven in the library!

No comments:

Post a Comment