Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day Off Closet Adventures

Instead of relaxing or baking cupcakes in the afternoon, or even cozying up with a good book, I convinced my mom to clean out her gift/Christmas closet. 


Background: When I was in high school I moved into a room in the basement for more 'privacy' but once I went to college and was old enough not to care about privacy I moved back upstairs into my old room. My parents had been using the upstairs room as storage while I did my stint in the basement and I was only allowed to move back upstairs if I allowed my mom to keep half of the closet. Which was no problem because the closet is the entire length of the room and is kind of already divided into two closets anyways. The problem because that while I was away at univsersity my parents decided to use my room as storage temporarily and mom's Christmas/gift closet exploded into my room, and as someone who likes to be neat and organized ( I literally make lists for everything) have Christmas propaganda mixed with my clothes and make up wasn't ideal.


So today I took a monumental step to convince and supervise the cleaning of the dreaded closet. I also taught my mom the rules of the yardsale: if you haven't used it in three years and aren't planning to use it in the next two months... you don't need it. We're still working on it. But at least my room is now 98% mine. Dad is still storing his homemade wine - waiting to be bottled - on top of my dresser. But he promises that will be gone next week ( he's been saying that every weekend since May) but at least I don't have far to go if I want a glass of wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment