Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Start of Summer!

Since my little apology on Monday, I've been super busy! But I figure that now while I have a quick break would be a great time for an update!


Last weekend I went camping with my boyfriend and two of our friends. We went to Gros Morne National Park  for our camping excursion. It was really exciting because I was the only one who had been there before. It was really exciting to play tour guide in a place that beautiful. It rained the first night we were there and we had a lot of fun, I mean frustration, trying to get our fire going. But other than it was wonderful! We got to do a lot of sight-seeing and some hiking!

The view from our campsite!


A lighthouse that my Great-Grandfather used to work in!



Hiking the Tablelands!

The weekend was exhausting and so much fun, that I completely forgot that I was going to see the Steve Miller Band on Monday!

I had such a wonderful time with my Aunt and cousins at this concert! But the rest of the week was filled with studying and writing papers. But at least the semester is almost over and we are slowing getting some better weather! I'm looking forward to sunshine and a  lot of outdoors activities. I'm also excited to get back to work and not have to worry about writing papers and studying all the time and really start to enjoy summer.

Yesterday was the opening of the FIFA 2010 world cup. We all went to my friend's place and watched the opening ceremonies and the first game. It was an intense morning/early afternoon. Which included a lot of yelling, stress and beer before 2p.m. with the South Africa vs. Mexico opener. In the room there were 9 of us. 2 from Mexico, 5 from Africa ( my boyfriend is from South Africa) and the other two of us cheering for South Africa. It was a lot of fun and something I won't be forgetting anytime soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment