Friday, April 30, 2010

weekend soundtrack

















I am a firm believer that every moment if your life should have a soundtrack and my ipod is never out of reach. This weekend I am planning on doing a whole lot of relaxing and also a fair amount of driving. Therefore my top 5 songs for the weekend include:

1. Don't Stop Believin' - Journey
It's not a road trip in my family without little Journey (even if the it's only a 30 minute drive!)

2. What's So Bad (About Feeling Good) - Ben Lee
Ben Lee just has a feel good vibe about his music and it's all so relaxing. It's the type of music that you can turn on and sing along with but also leave in the background as you go about your day.

3. I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide - ZZTop
Also another necessity while driving with my parents. Bands such as ZZTop are what my brother and I grew up listening to. 

4. Heaven Only Knows - OKGiraffe 
OKGiraffe hail from Montreal, Quebec and their music alternates between English and French (sometimes even in the same song!). I first saw them at my college bar a little over year ago, I was blown away at how beautiful this lady's voice is. They are definitely a band with checking out.

5. Why, Pt. 2 - Collective Soul
No matter what my mood, this is a song that constantly makes me feel 10x better. It always makes me want to stand up, dance and sing along. 


I hope your weekend is lovely and full of adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment