Monday, May 10, 2010

Family, Food, & Friends!

Thursday consisted of packing up the car and heading back to school. My boyfriend and I had a little date night and went out to watch my neighbor host open mic. 

Friday was waking up early and moving into my chalet (apartment on campus), which was tiring. Then when my boyfriend got off work we headed out to run errands, like picking up birthday presents for my mom and mother's day presents. Then he headed back to my house to have a birthday supper with my family for my mom. This was the start of a weekend of drinks and good food. For mom's birthday there were mussels, lobsters, ribs, and BBQ, with lots of wine.

Saturday, we headed back to school to get ready for our friend's birthday, which consisted of a Belize style BBQ. Which really means a regular BBQ with spicy food and tortillas. I brought cupcakes decorated like the Belize Flag for Maria, our friend, who misses home very much. 

Sunday was Maria's actual birthday so we had a brunch with such amazing food made by our friend from Malaysia. And then for supper we finished the BBQ from the night before and drank so much red wine that my lips turned purple. 

I had such a wonderful and relaxing weekend with my family, friends and boyfriend. But today in Monday, and I start my first class for intersession in a little over an hour. And after such an amazing weekend I feel like I'm so ready and relaxed about the upcoming week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment