Monday, May 3, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-changes

When I said I was hoping to enjoy a relaxing weekend, I wasn't planning on spending all of it in bed. But sometimes that's how things work out. While in bed this weekend, making lists, and watching TV, I had a lot of time to think. I have decided to make some changes to my life; just little ones to help improve my day. Here are my top 5:


1. Successfully complete a sudoku or crossword everyday.
I used to love these little mind games, always trying to solve a puzzle. I haven't had much time lately but I figure I can manage one a day with my coffee/breakfast, or take a few minutes before I go to bed.























2. Take half an hour each day to read something I enjoy.

This doesn't include my text books (yes, I am a nerd, but I guess that's what happens when  you study what you love). I love to read and during the summer to manage to do plenty of leisure reading, but that doesn't always happen when I'm in school. 


3. Turn off my computer an hour before I go to bed and leave it off for an hour after I wake up.
I have an OCD about checking my e-mail, facebook, msn, and blog. Society today has become so technology dependent, and I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I do think that we need to spend less time at the computer and more time out enjoying the world around us. Therefore, this is my simple start to enjoying my reality rather than my virtual home.


4. Get more exercise. 
At the beginning on the last semester my boyfriend and I started P90X, but two jobs and school took a tole on the amount of time we could dedicate to exercising. So today is day 1 one round 2... only 89 more days to go. Wish me luck!























5. Make more of less.
I have been inspired by Kendi's blog, Kendi Everyday, and have decided to only take key pieces of clothing with my back to school for intersession and use accessories to had variety to my wardrobe. Also, the only piece of clothing that I'm going to buy during intersession (May-June) is a coat, I am in desperate need of a coat with a hood. 


So these are a few of the changes that I'm hoping to implement into my life over the next few weeks as I start to prepare my brain for more studying and note-taking. But I'm sure there will be more changes to come, especially when I sit down and start making lists of all the things that I need to do. I have mentioned that I adore lists?

No comments:

Post a Comment