Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hello Sunshine!


Today was the first warm and sunny day of spring that lasted for more than a few hours. Which is the most sun that I'll see for a while because I am headed back to Newfoundland tomorrow and we probably won't see sun until June! 

Today was such a lovely day, that my boyfriend and I spent most of the day outside. First we started redoing the stairs on his parents front porch (we replaced the main portion of the porch this weekend). The best part about this was that certain parts were clearly a one-person job, so I got to lie in the sun while the men did all the hard work! After that we went for a walk to the mall to buy the groceries for nachos and made a quick stop in to find a great deal on sweaters! 

I watched my first official rugby game today! The Hurricanes vs. The Sharks (New Zealand vs. South Africa), in which my boyfriend and his father taught me the ropes of their official sport. It was really interesting to see because it's a mix of soccer and American football. I was also informed that rugby and American football originated from soccer! With our rugby we had homemade spicy nachos and wine to celebrate my boyfriend, the university graduate! 

This evening consisted of a lovely walk and some pool which was the perfect ending to my trip here in Nova Scotia. Tomorrow night I will step onto the boat and head back to Newfound and the search for a summer job (with two interviews this week, I'm hoping it won't be a long search!) and hopefully a continuation of sunshine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment